Thứ Tư, 9 tháng 2, 2011

Favorite shawl

I have a new favorite shawl.And favorite yarn. And favorite pattern. To say I love how this thing turned out would be a vast understatement.
I'd never tried Zauberball Starke 6 before; I bought it as 'souvenir' yarn because I hadn't seen it in any local shops and I liked the craziness of the colors. It's now one of my all time favorite yarns. Very soft, colorful, easy to work - and makes quite the dramatic statement.
I'd make another shawl with it - if I could find anywhere to buy it locally. May have to take another road trip to N. Hollywood just for a Zauberball fix.

And I've already started another shawl in this pattern using some yarn I've had stashed for awhile (yummy alpaca silk).
But I do have a bone to pick with Bernat Design Studio. What's up with the lack of descriptive names - this pattern is called #4922 - and the crummy pattern pictures that show no details at all of the stitch pattern?? If another Raveler hadn't started this and posted pictures of her gorgeous project, I never would have considered using this pattern. And that would have been a real shame - it's a great pattern, well-written and easy to follow, and makes a beautiful shawl.

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét