Thứ Hai, 28 tháng 3, 2011

Recycled paper flowers




I'd like to introduce you to my new favorite helper: Shredder! She's sharp, quick, and to the point! Literally.



I discovered this crazy Edward Scissorhand tool in one of my favorite tiny shops in San Francisco, Bell'occhio. They use it for their signature gift wrapping. I was so taken with its ability to instantly transform simple paper into something extraordinary, that I had to get a pair. I am now turning every bit of paper I get my hands on into flowers. A garden is beginning to blossom inside the walls of my winter home... as newspaper, maps, and vintage sewing patterns get snip, snip, snipped.

A belated birthday party for my December daughter is coming right up and these flowers will help set the scene. I think they'd be a wonderful addition to any Valentine's Day crafting, as well. Ahh! That's how we can use the holiday wrapping paper we couldn't toss out!

I'm sure you can come up with millions of uses for these little blooms. Where can you find these fancy shears? They're a common office supply store staple... they're just hand paper shredders.

And here's how to make some flowers of your own...


Instant Paper Flowers

  • assorted paper (lightweight and tissue work the best)
  • shredder
  • stapler

-Fold paper:
  • tissue paper should be folded over a couple of times
  • maps and thicker paper fold in half

-Cut along the folded side for tissue and the open side for thicker paper, but experimenting is what makes this fun, so try it a couple of different ways. Just remember to insert the paper as far back into the scissors as possible.-Roll from one end to another.


-Staple the bottom.

So seriously fun!!


Source: mayamade.blogspot.com

Không có nhận xét nào:

Đăng nhận xét